- Decide on the role that suits your skills (review author, handsearcher, translator, etc. See above for more detail)
- Choose the Cochrane group (i.e., health care area) you wish to work with. Browse the lists of Cochrane Review Groups, Methods Groups, Fields, and the Consumer Network. The reviews and protocols produced by Review Groups will indicate the scope of their work.
- Contact the group by email, phone or fax. Briefly state your background and the way you wish to become involved.
- If you can't decide which is the most suitable group, contact your nearest Cochrane Centre. Explain your interest and background. Their staff will help you decide which is the most suitable Cochrane group to work with.
NOTE: Membership of a Cochrane group is not based on formal qualifications. There are no membership fees. The key requirements are that you:
- have suitable skills (and willingness to learn new ones);
- can volunteer some of your time over an extended period;
- work as part of a team;
- support the aims of the Collaboration and
- share the Collaboration's spirit of goodwill.