Call for applications
Cochrane Nigeria, is organizing a 2-day training workshop on the GRADE (Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation) approach for grading evidence.
Who should attend:
- Authors of systematic reviews
- Individuals working on clinical practice guidelines and
- Other individuals interested in learning about the GRADE approach
Date: 6th – 7th November 2017
Venue: Institute of Tropical Diseases Research and Prevention, University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Moore Road, Calabar, Nigeria
Time: 9 : 00 AM Daily
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- describe the rationale and basic principles behind the GRADE approach to interpreting the evidence in the context of a systematic review.
- create Summary of Findings (SOF) tables and Evidence Profiles with GRADEPRO-GDT software.
- recognize the general format of the Summary of Findings table and Evidence Profile.
- understand how risk of bias affects the quality of evidence.
- appraise the quality of the evidence for each outcome across studies.
Note: Registration will be on “first come first served” basis since the spaces available for this workshop are limited.
Registration Fee: All participants will be expected to pay a registration fee of Ten thousand naira only (N10,000).
If your application is successful, you will be asked to pay the registration fee into the account below and forward the scanned copy of the bank teller to us to confirm your attendance.
Bank: Union Bank Plc Account number: 0012810081
Account name: Nigeria Effective Health Care Alli
Fellowship: Writing materials, lunch and tea break will be provided by the organisers. All other expenses (including accommodation and travel costs) will be borne by the participants.
Deadline for Applications: 23rd October 2017.
Successful applicants will be contacted in writing by 27th October 2017.
Further enquiries: Dr. Olabisi Oduwole -08056071976, Moriam Chibuzor - 08039733998